Page 1 of 6
Frequently Asked Questions
Part 1: About the Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- When was ODNI Established?
- Who is the head of the ODNI?
- What does the DNI do?
- Who oversees the ODNI?
- What is the significance of the ODNI seal?
- Is the ODNI part of the CIA?
- What is the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act (IRTPA)?
- Does the ODNI offer tours?
Part 2: About the Intelligence Community
- What is the intelligence community (IC)?
- Who are the members of the US IC?
- What is the vision and mission of the IC?
- What does the IC protect the United States against?
- How is intelligence collected?
- What is counterintelligence?
Part 3: Employment at ODNI
- Who works for ODNI?
- How do I become an ODNI employee?
- What are the application prerequisites?
- Does the ODNI offer internships?
- Can I volunteer to work at ODNI?
- How long is the typical application process?
- How long does the security clearance process take?
- Where can I learn more about ODNI and IC jobs?
Part 4: About this Website
- What is RSS?
- How can I use RSS?
- Where can I get an RSS reader?
- Can I use Director of National Intelligence News Feeds on my website?
- What are ODNI's Privacy Act policies?
Part 5: General Questions
- What is the mailing address for the ODNI?Does the ODNI release information to the public?
- How do I submit a FOIA/Privacy Act request?
- Whom may I contact if I would like to invite someone to speak to my organization about the ODNI and/or Intelligence Community?
- Whom do I contact to report a crime or suspected terrorist activity?
- Whom should I call if I have a question that is not answered here?