Policy & Strategy
IC Information Sharing Executive
Lead the development and execution of an Intelligence Community plan to improve responsible and secure information sharing across the IC and with external partners and customers
In 2013, Ms. Tricia Wellman was appointed as the Intelligence Community Information Sharing and Safeguarding Executive (IC ISSE). In that capacity she serves as the Director of National Intelligence's (DNI) senior accountable officer providing oversight and program management for all Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) and Intelligence Community (IC) information sharing and safeguarding efforts. The IC's efforts to optimize the sharing of information are enabled by maximizing and integrating our sharing and protection capabilities, strengthening our governance framework to address legal and policy challenges, and promoting a culture of responsible information sharing. Ms. Wellman concurrently serves as the Deputy Assistant Director of National intelligence for Policy and Strategy.
The IC ISE coordinates activities within the ODNI and across all IC elements to prioritize, harmonize, and accelerate information sharing initiatives. In addition to the IC ISE's broad information sharing mandate for the IC, the IC ISE collaborates very closely with the Program Manager - Information Sharing Environment (PM-ISE) to provide a holistic approach to information sharing across the U.S. Government.
- Defining appropriate mechanisms for developing information sharing relationships.
- Enhancing capabilities to correlate and disambiguate large volumes of information.
- Enhancing capabilities to easily and quickly search and access all information for which a user is authorized.
- Implementing a standard trusted identity and access management capability.
- Deploying phased enhancements to processes and technology tools to actively track user activities, trigger suspicious trends, and provide continuous assurance that data remains accessible and protected.
- Incorporating information sharing material into new and existing training and other relevant programs.