- Intelligence Community
- Contact Us
The DDII's primary missions are:
- Manage and support the National Intelligence Manager teams as a unifying and integrating force for national intelligence analysis, collection, plans, and operations across intelligence disciplines and functions.
- Develop and implement the Unifying Intelligence Strategies to address the nation's most pressing national security concerns and persistent and emerging threats.
- Through the National Intelligence Council, deliver strategic intelligence analysis on regional and transnational issues of high importance to the Intelligence Community's (IC’s) most senior customers.
- Working with ODNI Enablers and the IC, provide integrated solutions to address major IC mission and enterprise opportunities, challenges, and gaps.
- Oversee the production of the President's Daily Briefing to support the President and other senior policy and military officials.
- In coordination with the National Intelligence Analysis and Production Board and the IC analytic schoolhouses, raise the quality of analytic tradecraft throughout the Community.
- Evaluate the IC’s progress against UIS challenges and gaps, facilitating DDII’s and the NIMs’ ability to conduct integrated mission management.
- In support of the NIMs and the UIS process, develop standards and requirements for integration of national intelligence operations.
- Engage other elements of the ODNI staff as well as national intelligence Functional Managers to drive their enabling operations.
- Perform mission oversight, program development, alignment, and implementation of improved intelligence collection and analysis tradecraft, capabilities, and operations through greater integration.
The Office of the Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Intelligence Integration (DDII) was established in October 2010 to work toward the Director of National Intelligence James Clapper’s vision of a fully integrated Intelligence Community. In August 2014 Mr. Michael P. Dempsey became the Deputy Director for Intelligence Integration, having previously served as Assistant Deputy Director for Intelligence Integration.
Within DDII, regional and functional National Intelligence Managers (NIMs) develop Unifying Intelligence Strategies (UIS) for geographic and topic areas. The UISs serve as a roadmap to help the Intelligence Community work together on the highest-priority intelligence issues.
You have selected to open
If you would like to not see this alert again, please click the
"Do not show me this again" check box below