Acquisition, Technology, & Facilities
What We Do
The Acquisition, Technology and Facilities organization leads the Intelligence Community’s efforts to enhance the returns on investments in technology and facilities. Our mission is to deliver innovative, technology-based capabilities which solve intelligence challenges today and in the future. AT&F takes a portfolio approach to acquire capabilities now, to coordinate those that will come next, and to sponsor research that will lead to new capabilities after next.
In particular AT&F’s activities:
- Provide continuous oversight of selected NIP acquisitions and independently assess the status of IC acquisitions and associated IC acquisition processes.
- Enable a Community-wide perspective to be incorporated throughout the acquisition cycle and effectively integrate IC acquisition and procurement initiatives to respond to the highest priority needs and missions.
- Champion S&T strategies and policies, inform future IC R&D investments that deliver mission superiority, and seek out the intersections between IC mission needs and the capabilities offered by emerging S&T.
- Coordinate IC facilities activities to address and resolve priority and strategic facility issues, and to optimize investment decisions.
- Invest across four scientific thrust areas: Anticipatory Intelligence, Analysis, Collections and Operations.