What We Do
The DDII's primary missions are:
- Manage and support the National Intelligence Manager teams as a unifying and integrating force for national intelligence analysis, collection, plans, and operations across intelligence disciplines and functions.
- Develop and implement the Unifying Intelligence Strategies to address the nation's most pressing national security concerns and persistent and emerging threats.
- Through the National Intelligence Council, deliver strategic intelligence analysis on regional and transnational issues of high importance to the Intelligence Community's (IC’s) most senior customers.
- Working with ODNI Enablers and the IC, provide integrated solutions to address major IC mission and enterprise opportunities, challenges, and gaps.
- Oversee the production of the President's Daily Briefing to support the President and other senior policy and military officials.
- In coordination with the National Intelligence Analysis and Production Board and the IC analytic schoolhouses, raise the quality of analytic tradecraft throughout the Community.
- Evaluate the IC’s progress against UIS challenges and gaps, facilitating DDII’s and the NIMs’ ability to conduct integrated mission management.
- In support of the NIMs and the UIS process, develop standards and requirements for integration of national intelligence operations.
- Engage other elements of the ODNI staff as well as national intelligence Functional Managers to drive their enabling operations.
- Perform mission oversight, program development, alignment, and implementation of improved intelligence collection and analysis tradecraft, capabilities, and operations through greater integration.