Who We Are
Partner Engagement is the office within the ODNI that focuses on integration, coordination and collaboration with the Intelligence Community’s domestic, international, military, and private sector partners.Lt. Gen. John Bansemer, USAF,
is the assistant director of national intelligence for Partner Engagement.Domestic Partners
- Facilitate integration between the Intelligence Community and Federal, State, Local, and Tribal Partners.
- Promote communications and training to enhance mutual understanding between and among ODNI, the Intelligence Community, and Federal, State, Local, and Tribal Partners.
- Implement and institutionalize the Domestic DNI Representative Program.
- Develop and implement standardized processes for collaboration between the Intelligence Community and Federal, State, Local, and Tribal Partners.
- Develop and implement an enterprise approach to foreign intelligence relationships, aimed at integrating and optimizing Intelligence Community engagement with foreign partners.
- Support the overseas DNI Representatives through direct engagement that facilitate their leadership of the Intelligence Community team in the field
- Lead coordination of Intelligence Community sharing and foreign liaison issues through various DNI committees and forums.
- Integrate and align key foreign intelligence relationships through the development of ODNI Partnership Plans, as a complement to the ODNI Unifying Intelligence Strategies.
Private Sector Partners
- Identify emerging issues and forge solutions to ensure the fullest utilization of U.S. national intelligence capabilities in support of military operations.
- Develop and sustain communications and collaborative networks between the Intelligence Community and U.S. Military organizations.
- Lead, manage and oversee the DNI Representative program at military commands.
- Foster quality Intelligence Community participation in the joint military education continuum, focusing on improving war fighter knowledge of national and allied intelligence capabilities.
- Raise awareness of the importance of partnerships between the Intelligence Community and the private sector.
- Facilitate the sharing of appropriate and relevant intelligence information to the private sector.
- Improve and expand relationships with the private sector to build trust and leverage existing efforts for the Intelligence Community.
- Maximize the use of private sector information and expertise to support intelligence missions while protecting privacy and civil liberties.